Best Friends
Here is the fun thing about Best Friends- they bring out the real you. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful- if you have truely let someone inside to know you then they will see it all. My best friend and I have spent the last five days laughing, alot. Who else could I try on (and buy!) the funniest pair of sunglasses with, put on the silliest hats in all of San Antonio and laugh hysterically about it for hours? There are very few who would appreciate that kind of humor! Plus not everyone looks good wearing a four foot wide sombrero- and I find that essential in all deep relationships. A best friend listens to all of your ranting& raving, and loves you even when you don't agree. My best friend read my first blog and just laughed at my endless ability to climb up on the high horse. She may not agree with me, but through thick and thin has been by my side as I try to figure out what it is I truely believe to be important in defining faith. Oh what fun for her. Best friends are great because there is an endless wealth of inside jokes. We have attempted many times to bring others in on our humorous moments, however, it normally flops like a pancake on the kitchen floor. Why is this we wonder, amazed that those we have allowed to peak into the innerworkings of our friendship stare at us with great bewilderment. What could possibly be the matter with them?, we question ourselves.
Best friends know that your favorite dessert is choc. chip cookie dough, and make you a cookie cake for your birthday even though it is almost three months later. Candle, song and all. Priceless moments.
My best friend has taught me to laugh at myself and to just be silly. There is no one else on this earth who makes me silly like her. I think we regress to junior high when we hang out together. Who else would learn all of the words to our favorite duet in Mulan Rouge with me and sing it whenever the occasion allows? And who else would risk messing up thousands of dollors worth of sound equipment just so that we could have the Bean and Karla Karoke show? Yes, its safe to say- very few.
The sweetest thing about having a best friend is that they are usually in your number one fan club. Mine is. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing but this is so dang sweet, and really completes the picture of my best friend. Last night she walked into her and Blake's room and starts crying and says "I don't want Bean to go." Big crocidile tears rolling down her face. Red eyes, the works. Oh sweet friend- thank you.
Best friends know that your favorite dessert is choc. chip cookie dough, and make you a cookie cake for your birthday even though it is almost three months later. Candle, song and all. Priceless moments.
My best friend has taught me to laugh at myself and to just be silly. There is no one else on this earth who makes me silly like her. I think we regress to junior high when we hang out together. Who else would learn all of the words to our favorite duet in Mulan Rouge with me and sing it whenever the occasion allows? And who else would risk messing up thousands of dollors worth of sound equipment just so that we could have the Bean and Karla Karoke show? Yes, its safe to say- very few.
The sweetest thing about having a best friend is that they are usually in your number one fan club. Mine is. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing but this is so dang sweet, and really completes the picture of my best friend. Last night she walked into her and Blake's room and starts crying and says "I don't want Bean to go." Big crocidile tears rolling down her face. Red eyes, the works. Oh sweet friend- thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home