Saturday, November 13, 2004

upside down faith

One of the most challenging things about faith is the ups and downs that I find myself in. I find myself on a high, fueled by faith. Where I am being spiritually fed at every turn, my journaling is awesome and prayer is on the forefront of my thought. And then, life takes a crazy turn and suddenly I find myself in the middle of a whirlwind looking for the exit sign, and facing the disappointment I have at having put aside, once again, the very thing that keeps me going. Thank God He forgives.

So my latest undertaking is reading the Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard. It is taking some time, that is for sure. But I hope its worth it. My goal is to understand what it is about Willard's take on Faith that allows him to bridge the gap between the conservative and post-modern churches. So far, nothing is standing out- but maybe once I get out of the first chapter.... :-) Have a great weekend friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bean (and Matt sometimes) said...

Hey there Captain Rob-thanks for checking out my blog! It is great to be hanging out in this crazy world of blogging. We did indeed hang out up here at Blake and Karla's wedding. The weather is cold, but I love it! I will check out your site soon! Bean

December 20, 2004 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Bean (and Matt sometimes) said...

Hey there Captain Rob-thanks for checking out my blog! It is great to be hanging out in this crazy world of blogging. We did indeed hang out up here at Blake and Karla's wedding. The weather is cold, but I love it! I will check out your site soon! Bean

December 20, 2004 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home