Torment Within
The swell of confusion and emotion
to cry, to sing, to shout for joy.
oh God do I ask too much?
Do my blind eyes fail to see the blessing
pouring from above,
Or am I just not seeing the joy
that is before me?
Have I turned my eyes away from what is so clearly there,
boxing in the most High God,
Have I put the boundaries of my finite mind
on the landscape of my life?
Oh God I seek You,
your Will,
your Way.
Why is it so difficult to see how You desire me to go?
Is it faith I lack?
Do I not realize the providence of Your presence in my life,
these burdens I carry reek of worldly claim
for they are not from you.
but how do I lose these chains that are drowning me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home