Jesus where were You?
Recently my struggle to find God's purpose in my life took a new turn. A women who's drunken stupper led to the death of her two babys made me question so much about this life. These babys were innocent bystanders, their Mom was a drunk. Unable to fight off an addiction that kills so many, she drank away many days and nights- leaving her three children under the age of three to fend for themselves. Her two youngest were found dead, covered in feces and vomit. Their Mom passed out only a few feet away.
I sit here almost speechless as I ponder the scene. Where was everyone? Where was the family? The neighbor? The Father? DSHS? The Church? Where was I? Does anyone give a damn? Or are we so hardened that not even this brings a tear to our eye? Jesus where were You? Were You there? Did You hear their cries? Did You hold them in Your arms? Did You comfort them as the hunger and thirst pains became more great then any of us reading this could even imagine? Were you there when they gasped their last breath?
What happened to us? How did we get to such a vile place? Wake up world-please put your thoughts about you aside, just for a moment, and I will do the same- what happened?? Sit still and let these words sink in- is your heart at all broken by this unthinkable sin?
On this past Tuesday I hated the devil more than I have ever felt hate. I cursed him, and I cursed our weakness as humans- that we fall over and over again, taking the innoncent people around us down with us. The question that falls from everyone's lips it seems, at least once in their life, has fallen from mine- Why God do You bother with this wasteland? Why do you bother with us, we suck. Is it worth it? Can I just come home?
I sit here almost speechless as I ponder the scene. Where was everyone? Where was the family? The neighbor? The Father? DSHS? The Church? Where was I? Does anyone give a damn? Or are we so hardened that not even this brings a tear to our eye? Jesus where were You? Were You there? Did You hear their cries? Did You hold them in Your arms? Did You comfort them as the hunger and thirst pains became more great then any of us reading this could even imagine? Were you there when they gasped their last breath?
What happened to us? How did we get to such a vile place? Wake up world-please put your thoughts about you aside, just for a moment, and I will do the same- what happened?? Sit still and let these words sink in- is your heart at all broken by this unthinkable sin?
On this past Tuesday I hated the devil more than I have ever felt hate. I cursed him, and I cursed our weakness as humans- that we fall over and over again, taking the innoncent people around us down with us. The question that falls from everyone's lips it seems, at least once in their life, has fallen from mine- Why God do You bother with this wasteland? Why do you bother with us, we suck. Is it worth it? Can I just come home?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home