Friday, September 22, 2006

What are we so afraid of?

Tonight I did something I almost never do. I watched t.v. - I watched Grey's Anatomy last season re-cap. And I cried. A lot. I cried because I realized, most of the time I don't have the courage to live the life that is inside of me. The life that God created me to live.

The show was about a man who was dying and he needed a heart transplant. He and his doctor (Dr. Izze) fell in love. And he proposed. On the verge of death he realized that sometimes you can't hold back. Sometimes you have to jump in and bare it all. Sometimes you have to love without any conditions. Sometimes life's most beautiful moments come when we stop worrying about what other people think, what we think, and what the world thinks-and we just LIVE.

When did it become ok to let passion slip away from our life? When did we start accepting average as a way to live? When did the absence of joy go unnoticed?

In the end the man died. He got a new heart, but it was too late. Life is so short. And even though I'm so excited to see God face to face - I will be devastated if its over and I lived inside of the walls. If I lived without showing you my heart. If I lived in fear of how you might respond if I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home