Beyond Malibu part 2
Day 4: Malibu, snack on the water, Base camp
Today we rose early, we packed as quickly as we could and we were gliding on the water within 15 minutes. Our destination was the rapids. The rapids are where two tides collide, creating a rather severe current. Our early rise was to allow us through at slack tide. We slide over the water like it was glass, the only sounds that could be heard was the gentle splash of our oars in the water. At 7am we slid by Malibu, the Younglife Resort, which sits above the rapids. Its really a beautiful place, and in the still morning everything was perfectly situated and just as it should be. This is where we left the Jervis Inlet and headed into the Princess Louisa Inlet. The cliffs are magnificant, waterfalls cascading down both sides. Within a few hours of getting up we were pulling into our final destination for the day; Beyond Malibu Base Camp. Base Camp is where all of the hiking guides live for the summer. It is the coolest place. And the biggest gift for us was that we were allowed to go sit in the "sauna". Its actully used for drying gear, but it worked well to dry us too! We met great people here. We were refreshed and reenergized. It was such a blessing. And the presence of Jesus was so real. Being here caused me to reflect on my faith in a new way. Its also brought up some of the same old feelings- am I really where I ought to be, am I doing what the Lord wants me to do? I still don't have that answer. But I was swept away by the reminder that the Lord has made so many wonderous places, and He shared them with me. In the afternoon we did our alone time, we each took a few hours and disappeared. I found this little ledge hidden from everyone except the boats passing by. It was lovely to have no where to be and nothing to do-except sit here and talk with God. When we left for this trip this was one of the moments I had prayed for, and here it was. My God knows me so well.
The beauty that surrounded us at base camp was breathtaking. The sea water lapping against the rugged shoreline, the birds singing their sweet song, the crickets chirping in the back ground, the falls pounding against the rocks as they fall hundreds of feet into the water below. The rock face that lines the Princess Louisa Inlet is a surprising mix of Evergreens that have somehow found a home on this amazing vertical. It was a glorious day. It was much needed rest.
At the end of the day we were invited to have dinner with the guides that were not leading trips that week. The food was great, and we all ate at this big long table, family style. I love this place. I didn't want to leave.
Day 5: The next day we packed up and headed for Chatterbox falls. Breathtaking. The rush of our journey is over. We are heading home, much slower then on our way out. We spent the next two days meandering along the beautiful Jervis inlet, spending our last lunch at 2-Bear once again. With a gladened heart I kayaked back to the base. Not because I was wanting my time here to be over-but because I was so excited to take the newly discovered God blessed peace back to my world. Back to my busy crazy life-maybe to put it to test, maybe because the renewed energy made me excited to go back and share this crazy experience. I felt like God was starting this work in me- and I didn't know what it meant at all, just that He was in control. And He has a plan. And even though it was really just for a moment, I actually trusted it.
Months later I am actually finishing typing up my Beyond experience-most likely that is why my last two days are condensed into a paragraph. But I hope you have enjoyed reading my story- I hope that you, reader, can picture a little of what I see when I shut my eyes, and search for the moment when I felt free.
Today we rose early, we packed as quickly as we could and we were gliding on the water within 15 minutes. Our destination was the rapids. The rapids are where two tides collide, creating a rather severe current. Our early rise was to allow us through at slack tide. We slide over the water like it was glass, the only sounds that could be heard was the gentle splash of our oars in the water. At 7am we slid by Malibu, the Younglife Resort, which sits above the rapids. Its really a beautiful place, and in the still morning everything was perfectly situated and just as it should be. This is where we left the Jervis Inlet and headed into the Princess Louisa Inlet. The cliffs are magnificant, waterfalls cascading down both sides. Within a few hours of getting up we were pulling into our final destination for the day; Beyond Malibu Base Camp. Base Camp is where all of the hiking guides live for the summer. It is the coolest place. And the biggest gift for us was that we were allowed to go sit in the "sauna". Its actully used for drying gear, but it worked well to dry us too! We met great people here. We were refreshed and reenergized. It was such a blessing. And the presence of Jesus was so real. Being here caused me to reflect on my faith in a new way. Its also brought up some of the same old feelings- am I really where I ought to be, am I doing what the Lord wants me to do? I still don't have that answer. But I was swept away by the reminder that the Lord has made so many wonderous places, and He shared them with me. In the afternoon we did our alone time, we each took a few hours and disappeared. I found this little ledge hidden from everyone except the boats passing by. It was lovely to have no where to be and nothing to do-except sit here and talk with God. When we left for this trip this was one of the moments I had prayed for, and here it was. My God knows me so well.
The beauty that surrounded us at base camp was breathtaking. The sea water lapping against the rugged shoreline, the birds singing their sweet song, the crickets chirping in the back ground, the falls pounding against the rocks as they fall hundreds of feet into the water below. The rock face that lines the Princess Louisa Inlet is a surprising mix of Evergreens that have somehow found a home on this amazing vertical. It was a glorious day. It was much needed rest.
At the end of the day we were invited to have dinner with the guides that were not leading trips that week. The food was great, and we all ate at this big long table, family style. I love this place. I didn't want to leave.
Day 5: The next day we packed up and headed for Chatterbox falls. Breathtaking. The rush of our journey is over. We are heading home, much slower then on our way out. We spent the next two days meandering along the beautiful Jervis inlet, spending our last lunch at 2-Bear once again. With a gladened heart I kayaked back to the base. Not because I was wanting my time here to be over-but because I was so excited to take the newly discovered God blessed peace back to my world. Back to my busy crazy life-maybe to put it to test, maybe because the renewed energy made me excited to go back and share this crazy experience. I felt like God was starting this work in me- and I didn't know what it meant at all, just that He was in control. And He has a plan. And even though it was really just for a moment, I actually trusted it.
Months later I am actually finishing typing up my Beyond experience-most likely that is why my last two days are condensed into a paragraph. But I hope you have enjoyed reading my story- I hope that you, reader, can picture a little of what I see when I shut my eyes, and search for the moment when I felt free.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home