Thursday, September 28, 2006

What God showed me in the Word today

Currently I am reading through the books of Acts. My friends gave me the Message for my birthday and my friend Jill said, "You should read Acts - its a show stopper!" I can't put her expression here in these words, but if I could you would understand that it was hilarious and of course I had to start reading Acts. Today I read part of Acts 10; and what stood out was this:

"It's God's own truth, nothing could be plainer: God plays no favorites! It makes no difference who you are or where you're from-if you want God and are ready to do as he says, the door is open. The Message he sent to the children of Isreal-that through Jesus Christ everything is being put together again-well, he's doing it everywhere, among everyone."

My God wants everyone, even me. How awesome is that. Most of the gods worshiped in our world will only take you if you are a certain way, if you act just right, if you cover your hair, if you go to a certain place, if you do or don't eat certain foods.

But my God just wants me (and you) to love Him. Done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take my friend test on my blog! I'm back in business... :) <><

September 29, 2006 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Melba!

October 26, 2006 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home